Who we are
dabei–austria is the Austrian umbrella organization for vocational integration, a nonprofit organisation and special interest group in the field of vocational integration throughout Austria. The umbrella organisation currently represents around 90 member organisations with nearly 200 projects in the area of vocational orientation and integration. The offers aim at people with disabilities/chronic disease as well as adolescents with special educational needs or at risk of exclusion.
dabei–austria is committed to ensuring a fair chance of integration into the open labour market for people with disabilities as well as young people´s perspectives on their future working life.
Every year around 80.300 people (as of 2020) are using one of the following services offered by dabei-austria’s member organizations:
- In youth coaching, educational and labor market perspectives are clarified with young people
- In Fit for education, formerly the vocational school, young people obtain basic qualifications for further vocational training
- Work assistance for adults and youth work assistance support job seekers in searching for a job or apprenticeship and help securing jobs and overcoming periods of crisis
NEBA- Service for companies and businesses: This pilot project is affiliated to the Work assistance and raises awareness and supports companies in recruiting people with disabilities.
- Vocational training assistance supports young people within the context of an extended apprenticeship or partial qualification until they successfully complete their training.
- Job coaching supports people with disabilities and companies with aspects such as organising work processes and solving problems with colleagues and superiors
- Personal assistance at the workplace enables permanent, needs-based personal support directly at the workplace
- Other vocational qualification and counseling projects also offer other specific job integration opportunities for people with different disabilities
dabei–austria advocates the equality of persons with disabilities in the sense of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and points out socio-political disadvantages and problem areas. It is the connecting link and communication platform between the members on the one hand and the administration, politicians, and public funding agencies on the other hand. The umbrella organization also advocates the further development of vocational integration at the European level and ensures the necessary transnational transfer of information and experience from and to Austria.
What we do
dabei-austria is the Austrian umbrella organization for vocational integration.The members, the networking spokespersons, the board and the office work closely together and focus on the following areas of activities:
* dabei-austria - specialized association and knowledge platform
Service for members and demand-oriented further training choices ensure the quality of service provision at a consistently high level
* dabei-austria - active special interest group
Good positioning and constructive cooperation with all partners inside the system make for a clear framework for contracted service companies
* dabei-austria - leading voice in vocational integration
Our members and their employees are cross-linked in Austria’s economy and thus decisively shape the country’s labor market on its way to inclusion
* dabei-austria - national and European networking/networks
Regional transfer of experience and transnational project participations trigger innovation
* dabei-austria - impact to society
With symposia on cutting-edge topics, members and cooperation partners are involved in the shaping of future-oriented solutions for socio-political issues in the public debate
WHOM we represent
Currently around 90 members with nearly 200 projects for the vocational integration of people with disabilities and disadvantages